There are many causes of hair loss. It is normal to lose 100 hair per day. New hair replaces the lost hair. If you’re hair shedding more than 125 hairs per day, it may require immediate action.
Hair growth cycle:
Hair goes through three-cycle:
Anagen Phase – Anagen phase is the growing phase lasting about 3 to 5 years for the hairs on your head. It varies for a different types of hairs.
catagen phase – Catagen phase starts when anagen phase ends. During this phase hair growth slows. 5% of your hair remains in the catagen phase at any time.
Telogen phase – Telogen phase is the shedding phase. During this phase, hair is shed from the scalp. During this phase losing 100 hair per day is normal.
Causes of hair loss :
The most common cause of hair loss are :
The medical term of hereditary hair loss is called androgenic alopecia by the hereditary condition that happens with ageing.
In females – overall thinning or a widening part
In male – receding hairline or bald spot at the top of his head.
The common cause of hormonal imbalance is polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS) which leads to cysts on a woman’s ovaries and cause hair loss.
Hormonal conditions that can lead to hair loss include:
Medications and supplements:
Some medications used for cancer, arthritis, depression, heart problems, gout and high blood pressure will lead to hair loss, Having regular consultation with the doctor can minimise the usage of medicines which is not necessary.
The most common issue with modern generation people is Stress. It is seen major with the people working in IT industry. This can be avoided by having regular Meditations/Yoga sessions. There are three different hair-loss conditions related to high-stress levels.
- Telogen Effluvium: It is the condition that transforms your hair from the anagen phase into the telogen phase
- Trichotillomania: It is the psychological condition that pulls hair from your scalp and other areas of your body.
- Alopecia Areata: It occurs when the body immune system affect healthy hair follicle causes hair loss.
With age, hair growth becomes slower which leads to thinning the hair on the scalp.
During the first-trimester hormonal imbalance may stress your body which leads 30% of your hair into the telogen phase.
It is important to wash your hair to maintain hair care. The Shampoo should not be directly applied in hair rather some dilution with water is needed before using any Shampoo.
Applying Shampoo directly without dilution with water can cause even more damage to the hair since the chemicals used will increase the potential hair loss. Regular wash of hair even without shampoo is also encouraged.
Tips to reduce hair loss :
- Regularly wash your hair with hair shampoo: You should wash your hair and clean your scalp regularly to reduce hair loss. Dandruff and infections may lead to hair loss. You should wash your hair to reduce hair loss.
- Vitamins for hair loss: Vitamin is not only good for your health but also for your hair. Vitamin E – betters blood circulation in the scalp. Vitamin B – helps to maintain hair colour.
Food enriching vitamin B
Salmon, Leafy Greens, Eggs, Milk, Beef, Black beans, Kidney beans and many more.
- Avoid Constant heating & drying: Don’t dry or iron your hair regularly. Constant heating and drying weaken hair protein which may lead to hair loss.
- Get rid of harsh chemicals: Harsh chemicals
- Always keep avoiding mobile phones away from your sleeping area since the radiation from the mobile can also contribute to hair loss issues.
- Avoid direct exposure to acid rains, these rains are the main source of all impurities.
- Avoid regular touching of your scalp since the heat in the fingers will get passed to the scalp which can cause hair loss issues.
Organic Way to Prevent Hair loss
- Fenugreek is rich in vitamins such as thiamin, folic acid, riboflavin, niacin, vitamins A, B6, and C, and are a rich storehouse of many minerals such as copper, potassium, calcium, iron, selenium, zinc, manganese, and magnesium which will promote hair growth if taken regularly on a daily basis.
- Avoid usage of chemical dyes in hair, the dyes have huge chlorine content which will lead to hair loss issues. Usage of Heena is the best alternative which can act as a natural hair dye.
- Applying Small onions juice to the scalp with a short massage will increase the hair growth.
- Usage of Herbal hair wash powder from the local drug store will prevent any damage due to the chemicals in the shampoo.
- Rub green tea on hair – Brew green tea in water and Rub green tea on your hair. Rinse your hair after an hour. this will reduce your hair loss.
- Maintain your hair sweat-free: As there is high sweat on hair during summer, there will be an increase in hair loss. while wearing a helmet you will get more sweat to your hair which will weaken your hair roots and cause more hair loss.
Good Practices to Prevent Hair loss
- Avoid taking swimming in public swimming pools or beaches since this can cause itching which leads to the hair loss problem.
- Helmets should be replaced on a half-yearly or a yearly basis and it is preferred to use helmet caps while using the helmets will help prevent any dust from the helmet get inside the scalp.
- Keep yourself hydrated – Drink enough water. Drink at least four to eight cups of water a day to reduce hair loss.
- Avoid smoking: Smoking reduce the blood flow to your scalp. This will lead to hair loss.
- People working in radiation zone areas are more prone to radiation exposure which will cause huge hair loss issues, this can be prevented by using radiation shields in the radiation zones wherever applicable.
- Do scalp massage to reduce hair loss: Massage your scalp with oil to keep your hair follicle active. Almond or sesame oil helps your hair to keep your hair follicle active.
- Reduce stress level: stress leads to heavy hair loss. Do proper meditation to reduce stress levels. Yoga and meditation also help to restore hormonal imbalance
Hair loss treatment :
At Lakshmi Krishna Naturals we provide a Hair benefits kit for hair regrowth which is suitable for both men and women. As this oil contains natural ingredients, it doesn’t have any side effects.
Key ingredients of Hair regrowth kit :
Ingredients of Hair regrowth oil :
- Cow milk,
- Coconut milk,
- Coconut oil,
- Curry leaves,
- Rose extracts
Ingredients of forehead gel :
- Aloe vera,
- Castor oil,
- Neem oil,
- Coconut oil
These ingredients blocks DHT production in the scalp which reduces hair follicles damage.
Before and After :